Fun in the Sun
Tips for keeping your child safe –
- Cover exposed parts of your child’s skin with sunscreen, even on cloudy or overcast days. Use one that has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or above and is effective against UVA and UVB.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen to their shoulders, back of the neck, nose, ears, cheeks, and the tops of their feet. Reapply often throughout the day.
- Get your child to wear loose cotton clothes a floppy hat with a wide brim that shades their face and neck.
- Protect your child’s eyes with sunglasses that meet the British Standard (BSEN 1836:2005) and carry the “CE” mark – check the label.
- Encourage your child to play in the shade especially between 11am and 3pm, when the sun is at its strongest
- Keep babies under the age of six months out of direct sunlight, especially around midday.
- If your child is swimming, use a waterproof sunblock of factor 15 or above. Reapply after toweling.