Fairy Cake Recipe
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) soft margarine or butter, at room temperature
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F, gas mark 4). Take a 12-cup bun tin and put paper cases in the cups. Sift together the self-raising flour and baking powder.
- Add the butter or margarine, sugar and eggs, and beat with an electric hand whisk for about 2 mins until well mixed. If the mixture is too stiff, add a little milk and mix again.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases to about half full. Bake for 15 -20 mins until risen and just firm.
- Cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice and decorate the cakes – be as adventurous as you like!